Fun GSM Slang to Brighten Up Your Wednesday

After our discussion on slanguage in the GSM community on Monday (and because we’re at middle of the week, and by now we all need something fun to distract ourselves on the internet), I decided it would be fun to introduce you to a few more unusual slang terms in our community:

Beat (adj.) – extremely wonderful or great, “fabulous.” Example: “Did you see her at the club tonight? That look was beat.”

Chicken (n.) – a young homosexual male seeking older men; see also: Chicken hawk, referring to an older gay male looking for younger partners. 

Horatian (n.) – from the late 19th century, term used at Oxford amongst Lord Byron and his compatriots to refer to a bisexual person; see also: “Gillette blade,” referring to a bisexual female.

Missionary Work– An attempt by a gay man or lesbian to seduce a straight person of the same sex.

Passion fruit (n.) – old Hollywood term referring to an extremely straight-acting and traditionally masculine male.

Doris Day (n.) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day.”

Ursula (n.) – queer woman who hangs out with “bears;” also called a “Goldilocks.”

(There are more terms here and here but be careful, some of them are more sexually explicit).

Hopefully some of those made you laugh like I did. Have a great week everyone!

One response on “Fun GSM Slang to Brighten Up Your Wednesday

1. Savita

These tips are really tremendous. I think it would be effective for all. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope everyone like these tips as me. Keep it up.
    live